Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Family Time

Time for family time.

Sometimes this can become a stressful thing. There are always those moments when you visit family you are not used to conversing with when they ask that dreadful question.

"Do you remember me?"
normal response "Well ya, how are you?"
Truth "Um No!"
Then they proceed to explain how young I was the last time they saw me.

I never want to hurt any feelings or disappoint the parents. But I just need to spill the truth.

Truth is.... I don't remember your name, it isn't because I don't want to remember, or that I am so rude to take the time to remember, but I would like to clarify one simple thing. I have over 70 first cousins on my dads side of the family alone. So once we break down to 2nd and 3rds it just goes down hill from there.  Too many faces. So I am sorry.

But being as tho I am a nice person and wouldn't ever want to be rude I will continue to smile and nod like an idiot at family events.

So sometimes I become shocked at people who know me through my parents. I wish my memories were clearer of all the people I have encountered.

Recently, an old family friend came into my workplace and asked me if I was my parents daughter, when I said yes then she actually said "you look just like your father." Still trying to decide if that's a good thing, being I am a girl and he is a boy. I found this encounter interesting and neat that she knew and remembered me and the fact that I look so much like my dad (apparently) that she could tell from 5 minutes around me is just fascinating.

But, growing up in a small town with a lot of family around the area my entire life and knowing so many people in the community is truly a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. So uh...since when did your dad start cross-dressing? Cuz I don't think you look like him at all. Lol

    ReplyDelete