Thursday, February 28, 2013

Road Trips

Lately I have been quite busy, granted it may be my own fault. I have been going back and forth to Grand Rapids a lot. The first reason a great friend lives there. The second reason I love the city. Third reason even on the most boring days it beats sitting at home.

Calculated average takes me about 3 hours to get to GR. That may be a fourth reason I go, I honestly love the drive. Living at home with parents and siblings (past) there is a moment you recognize, "why does it seem I'm never alone." With a busy, active household alone time is a precious gem.

So, 3 hours driving in a car without anyone is kind of my own utopia. I get to play my music as loud as I want, I can sing along with every song without embarrassment and I can even talk to myself without the fear of someone hearing me and commenting on my mental stability. (Save yourself from trying to convince me that you haven't talked to yourself)
So I look forward to my roadtrip.
In addition, I am a music listener when I drive. If the radio is not on it drives me nuts. So when I ride with others and they want to talk and turn down the music, I get so antsy.

I'm 100% stubborn and set in my ways.

Lately, I think I enjoy getting out of my hometown due to my job as well. I work as the Senior Sales Executive at my hometown newspaper. Being it is a small town, news travels fast especially working there. So all week I hear about the town drama and being that my job is advertising I go to several local businesses weekly and am constantly working with the community.

I honestly love my hometown, I appreciate the business owners and like working with them. My downfall is when you have already ate at every restuarant in town during the week on lunch breaks, it becomes more of a routine rather than a weekend outing. And to go to the closes city with a mall or different restaurants is an hour drive to get there. So in a round trip I'm already spending 2 hours on the road. What's another hour?

Road trips are a whole different level when traveling with others. The first thing is an intial level of excitement and chatter. Then comes the hungry phase everyone's gotta eat. Then comes the passive quiet phase. Did I mention this all happens within the first hour. So then what do you do? Well, I chose to blog (as in currently on my roadtrip.)
Some play the license plate game, trying to find as many different state plates. When I was younger we would play the alphabet game, which is mainly seeing who can find all the letters in the alphabet first either in license plates, billboards or other road signs.
Fortunately, this car trip is just a short one without any border crossing. The rest of the trip will be an air trip.

This being my first time flying I have already created a thousand different scenarios of what may happen on the flight. I am sure a blog will follow describing my perspective as a first time flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment